PetroENG is a leading petroleum engineering company based in the Western Cape, South Africa. Our primary focus is engineering quality, and safe, diesel tanks in petroleum facilities.
PetroENG Petroleum Engineering is based in the Western Cape, South Africa, operating in the Petrochemical Industry. PetroENG was born in 2013 from its sister company, Bevlon Petroleum Maintenance and Installations. Since 1982, it has been providing first-class service to companies such as Engen, BP Southern Africa, K & T Consulting, MAJ Projects, Kansai Plascon, UCT and Air Force SA.
PetroENG has applied and adopted Bevlon’s Operational, Quality and Occupational Health Safety & Environmental Management System to conform to the high-quality services performed by Bevlon. Through ongoing training, PetroENG ensures that each project is undertaken and overseen by skilled professionals.
Our trade qualified, and experienced workforce has a broad range of skills including mechanical, engineering and fabrication. Our team and welders are tested in compliance with ASME IX and work according to the API specifications in quality control.
PetroENG is a Level 2-BBBEE contributor.
Our vision is to be one of the top mechanical and civil engineering companies in the petrochemical industry in southern Africa.
DEPOT AND MECHANICAL
We can provide you with mechanical engineering services to ensure that diesel tanks are in pristine condition and all pipelines are fitted and tested to meet industry-leading standards.
We specialise in:
• Fabrication of pipelines
• Diesel and underground tank repairs
• Pressure testing on pipelines
INSTALLATION OF DIESEL TANKS & PIPEWORK
Our team are highly experienced in the installation of pipework (above and underground) as well as diesel tank installation and bulk depot storage facilities.
This includes and not limited to:
• Bulk depot storage facilities and pipelines
• Retail site pump and tank (diesel tanks, fuel tanks, underground tanks) installation
• Underground pipework, including installer–friendly KPS Petrol Pipe System™
Our civil engineers help plan, design, construct and maintain petroleum facilities. Our services are focused on upgrading and rebuilding sites, stations and forecourts.
• Upgrade of retail sites/service stations and rebuilding of an entire forecourt
“ Sustainability is an integral aspect of PetroENG’s ethos. We are continually benchmarking sustainability measures to monitor our environmental impact and ability to prevent and react to emergencies when they occur.”
Why choose us for petroleum engineering?
We have been operating for over six years, providing expert services in diesel tank engineering and installations to many of South Africa’s biggest companies such as BP Southern Africa and Engen. Our workforce is expertly trained and certified to required regulations.
HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT, & QUALITY. (HSEQ)
All necessary precautions and HSEQ requirements are met, as per the set and agreed rules and regulations that govern customer requirements.
PetroENG has a fully-integrated HSEQ Management System and has been audited for compliance by various vendors. (BPSA, Engen) the management system explains how we will meet the requirements to keep people, the environment safe as well as how assets will be maintained, and reputation kept intact.
HEALTH SAFETY ENVIRONMENT & QUALITY POLICY
The scope of the HSEQ policy covers our activities related to contract work, transport, delivery and environmental clean-up operations of PetroENG.
We are committed to health, safety, environment and quality excellence in all of its activities wherever we operate. To achieve this, the goals of everyone working for us will be to take reasonable, practical steps to prevent and eliminate risks through a commitment to the following:
• We shall protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of all stakeholders and the community in all our areas of operations.
• We shall take proactive steps towards conservation and protecti on of the environment and use the natural resources effectively.
• We shall protect our assets and ensure asset integrity to minim ise damage.
• We shall consistently meet our agreed customer requirements and ensure customer satisfaction with our products and services.
• We shall comply with all applicable laws and apply responsible standards, as required by the client, where these laws do not exist.
• We shall ensure continual improvement in the management of heal th, safety, environment and quality performance by setting and reviewing clear objectives, plans and measurable targets.
• We shall ensure that contingency plans are in place to effectiv ely deal with emergencies.
• We shall take individual and personal responsibility for adhere nce to policies, procedures, safe work practices and behaviours.
• We shall adhere to our customer HSEQ requirements, rules and re gulations at all times as required.
• This policy statement will be reviewed as and when necessary fo r continued suitability.
PETROLEUM ENGINEERING FAQs
1. Is petroleum engineering worth it – the importance of petroleum engineering?
Answer: Definitely. We rely on petroleum for infrastructure to function and use diesel tanks (above and underground) daily. Due to the hazards associated with fuel, it’s essential that diesel tanks are installed by experts to ensure complete safety.
2. How to clean diesel tanks – use our sister company diesel tank cleaning services?
Answer: PetroENG’s sister company, Bevlon, is a leading diesel tank maintenance company. It uses superior-quality sandblasting methods which removes contaminants that build up in diesel tanks.
3. Gas tank safety tips!
Answer: Fuel is extremely flammable; therefore, it’s vital to keep an eye out for leaks and tank deterioration such as rust and/or corrosion. Diesel fuel, paint and degreasing solvents ar e also highly flammable. Ensure that diesel storage tanks are situated away from buildings. Make sure you keep fuels away from children.
4. What is fuel tank safety?
Answer: Fuel tank safety is any precautionary measure to reduce the potential danger from the highly-flammable substance.